As the midwife holds our journey into birth, at the end of our cyclical path, the Soul midwife oversees our journey to death. But what if in between these two powerful thresholds of being came other births and deaths…deaths of old ways of being and rebirth into new?
For me, life offers a continuous opportunity to level the ground and seek new ways of being, new creations and wholeness. Why wait until the final curtain of this lifetime to birth your Soul into existence? Surely if our souls are an intrinsic part of our completeness, we can chose to embrace them at any point? I would like to offer a fresh view of soul midwifery and invite you to reclaim your power to walk the path of your soul, right now!
As a child I sensed the soul of those around me. I could feel the wisdom they carried, the gifts they held back and the truths yet unspoken. Without a healthy framework to understand what I was witnessing, I retreated from the human world, frightened by the disconnect I felt and confused why such magnificence was shut down in their lives and in mine. So much love was not spoken, so much fear was played out. Wary of human interaction I found solace in the “more-than-human” world of plants, trees and animals. They spoke a language I could understand, they just were with no apologies and I found this deeply comforting and familiar.
Years later it dawned on me that what I was experiencing was not a unique story, but one common to the human condition – separation from our wholeness and amnesia from our soul. And if nature could provide me a way back to feeling like I belonged in this confusing world, then it could equally to others too. It was not about denying those feelings of isolation and disconnection, but about welcoming them as part of this human journey and allowing nature to provide much needed support. Through remembering my part in the ecology of life, my small contribution to the ecosystem, I was both insignificant and also essentially valuable. I remembered my part in the wholeness of things, my soul purpose…
The Soul Midwife is more than an end of life companion, she offers an hand and a heart to remind you of your truth and your beauty as a person. Your soul speaks to you right now and the soul midwife can guide you to those delicate and complex messages coming from deep within your being. I long to offer that holding to others, as I have needed it to find peace myself. Do not wait until the end of your life, you have all the answers you seek. Here are some powerful ways to hear your soul:
- Breathe in and out of your heart space – heart intelligence is a multi-dimensional knowing that connects you to your deeper self.
- Find a tree locally you feel drawn to – ask the tree to show you more about your soul path
- Keep a gratitude journal – thanking life for what makes us happy opens us to abundance and connects us to what makes us thrive. The soul loves to give us our most heartfelt desires.
- Follow your Bliss – what makes you really come alive as a person? What unique wisdom or gifts do you have that you keep quiet? What would you create if you had no fear of failure?
- Delve within the shadows – soul gifts are often hidden within our most vulnerable places, what do you fear to show to others? What pain do you wish others could see if you knew you would be accepted?
If you identify with being a soul midwife, your work is so needed in the world. To see the Divine in everyone you meet and offer unconditional support whilst taking care of yourself is not a path for the ego but yet the rewards are beyond all comprehension. To see in the eyes of another, a moment of pure clarity, remembrance of their soul and purpose, their deepest belonging…well that makes everything else make sense.